It’s been a busy few weeks with visitors including a visitor from Lisboa who needs to get blogging too!
This is a dish I make all the time, usually on Mondays, not really sure why but it normally ends up that way. It takes 10 minutes to make and is filling, warming and delicious.
Dried Chinese style noodles (can be bought from any Asian shop)
1 Carrot (grated)
Half an onion or a whole small one
half a courgette
half a cup of frozen peas
finely chopped ginger (to taste)
1 green chilli
- Chop all the veggies finely and put into the pan with a splash of oil (sesame if you happen to have it) and a splash of soy.
- On a low heat let the veggies caramalise slowly.
- Put on a pan of boiling water and add noodles.
- When the noodles are done, drain them and add to the veggies in the frying pan. Add a couple more splashes of soy sauce and stir until everything is mixed in.
- Serve in a deep dish and sprinkle almonds on top.
Enjoy with a cold beer!
And the song is one I came across listening to a swing playlist the other day (I have started Lindy Hop classes). I really liked it and it’s very appropriate I think!